Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Salary: £47,000 annum plus Veolia benefits
Hours: Monday to Friday 7:30am - 4:30pm
We live in a world that needs to take care of its resources, and our mission at Veolia is to 'Resource the World'. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to join our dynamic team in Leeds.
To plan, schedule and supervise all maintenance tasks and activities on the Energy Recovery Facility and district heating such that operational efficiency is maintained at optimum levels whilst ensuring compliance with company standards and statutory regulations at all times.
Improving communities, protecting the environment and creating an inclusive culture is right at the heart of our business. Together our employees make our communities better and our engineers play an integral part in helping to shape the future of our business. They are the Resourcers, behind the resources. We want you to be part of our diverse workforce!
What will you be doing?
- Manage and document all maintenance activities such as calibration, installation, fault diagnosis and repair of electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic control systems ensuring downtime is kept to a minimum while staying within the maintenance budget
- Carry out the development and implementation of risk assessments and method statements
- Supervise and record the maintenance teams daily workload
- Carry out and record staff reviews; probationary, disciplinary and grievance, absence and performance and development programmes
- Maintain files, logs and drawings for all plants and apparatus using the Computerised Maintenance Management System
- To propose, plan, budget and develop modifications and improvements to plant and apparatus as appropriate
What are we looking for?
- Engineering Apprenticeship or Qualified to at least HNC or equivalent in relevant Engineering discipline
- Detailed knowledge of all aspects of maintenance techniques associated with continuous process control systems
- Minimum 3 years experience gained in a continuous process industry, preferably with knowledge on steam raising and power generation
- Physically fit due to some manual handling will be necessary, working in confined spaces and working at height
- Must be able to be contacted, and attend site, outside of normal hours when required and have a flexible working attitude that includes some weekend working to provide overall maintenance cover 365 days per year
- Experience in Continuous Emission Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and environmental legislation is desirable
- Proven experience gained in team leadership
Our promise to you
In return, you will receive 25 days of holiday and an extensive benefits package which includes our market-leading pension and share scheme as well as employee discounts. Additionally, we provide mental health and financial support because we are committed to supporting you. Apply now so together we can make our communities better.
As a proud equal opportunities employer, we are fully committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive environment that's diverse and welcoming. Every applicant who passes the minimum requirements for the role will be considered, no matter their age, gender or gender expression, disability, race or ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.