On behalf of our client, a Top Northern Ireland utilities organisation, we are seeking an experienced Power Systems Engineer with at least 3 years’ experience on DNO Networks.
You will need:
- Experienced Power System Engineer/Technician with >3 years’ experience working on primarily DNO Networks
- Good knowledge of a wide range of HV plant and equipment
- Currently hold or have recently held full ‘33kV SAP’ Authorisation status for Lines, Cables and Substations obtained under the ‘Safety Rules’ of NIE Networks, ESB or other UK Distribution Network Operator (DNO) for more than 3 years.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrate ability to positively influence safety behaviours
- Possess a strong customer focus and ability to achieve results
- Ability to work unsupervised and be a self-starter
- Ability to contribute to the overall objectives of the team and contribute to a process of ongoing improvement
- Electrical Engineering qualification e.g. City & Guilds, BTEC and /or NVQ Level 2/3 equivalent
- Demonstrate flexibility and be willing to work in different locations within Northern Ireland and work outside of normal working hours when required
- A current driving licence.
Duties will include:
- Outage delivery by utilising full 33kV SAP status including Operational Switching, Network Isolation, Earthing and issue of Safety Documents including PFW, SFT, LWC
- HV and LV operational switching to include on Overhead Lines, Cables, Plant and Apparatus on both Primary Substations (33/11kV) and Distribution Substations (11/0.4kV) and associated LV networks
- Pressure Testing HV cables and associated plant
- Outage Planning including switching schedules and agreement with Distribution System Control
- To effectively support the Team Manager / Line Manager to deliver the work programmes.
- Customer engagement in planning and delivering outages and work programmes
- Maximising Customer Minutes Lost (CML) reduction and mitigation through effective Outage Planning and F&E Response
- Co-ordination with other Departments to make best use of outages, resources and CML reduction.
- Assessment of outage requirements for multi-discipline and/or cross business unit outages
- Effective management of all appropriate paperwork
- Promoting a safety culture
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Pro-active problem solving
- Participate on a stand-by rota as required
The company offers a competitive salary is estimated to be between £38000 and £48000 basic, depending on experience as well as a great range of benefits.
• Pension including employer contributions
• Minimum of 20 days annual leave (increasing to a maximum of 25 days) plus 11 statutory days
• Buy & Sell Annual Leave Scheme
• Educational and training opportunities
• Professional accreditation
• Company mentors
• Health checks
• Occupational health and welfare counselling support
• Childcare vouchers and family friendly policies
• Enhanced maternity provisions
• Eye test voucher
• Annual health and wellbeing events
• Access to discounts
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to Patricia by clicking on the link and I will contact you to discuss this further. Alternatively you can call me of a confidential conversation.
If this role is not suitable for you but would like to be considered for other opportunities, please contact us and one of our consultants can advise you.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.