Hours: 40 hours per week
Contract: 6 to 12-months PAYE Fixed Term Contract
The Ortec Group offers a high value-added engineering service. Founded on the expertise of engineers and technicians, combining knowledge of industrial sectors, field culture with more than 30 years’ experience, Ortec Engineering is 40 agencies in France, a presence on four continents and two offshore production centres.
Design engineering provides a varied foundation of complementary skills to meet a broad range of traditional technical engineering needs. To facilitate discussions and to be more responsive and available, the Ortec Group has chosen local offices: located as close as possible to our customers, they bring together all the trades involved in a given project in one place.
Civil Engineer - The Role:
As part of the expansion of our Engineering and Projects activities, we are recruiting Engineers to support us in our growth in the Nuclear Energy sector.
We are looking for Engineers who have experience in the nuclear sector, either within the generation fleet, EPR nuclear new build (Olkiluoto, Flamanville, Taishan or Hinkley Point C) or other relevant nuclear site (Sellafield, ITER…)
Sonovision will provide a Training program based on ORTEC experiences in French Nuclear engineering if required.
Civil Engineer - Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager, fulfil the role identified below
Supporting a small, dedicated transverse team within our customer premises who provide technical expertise across several civil building design teams for the Nuclear Island of the HPC Nuclear New Building Project.
Main Activities are:
• Receive, analyse, and verify the consistency of the input data.
• Produces technical deliverables for design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes, and calculation notes.
• Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models, and drawings.
• Management of transverse civil engineering open points through to resolution.
• Review /acceptance of Level 3 Civil Design Substantiation Reports.
• Collaboration and engagement with stakeholders to ensure consistency of civil transverse knowledge and approach across full scope of NI Buildings, through meetings and surveillance.
• Liaise with, and support to site-based engineering teams to facilitate resolution of issues that can impact site construction.
• Liaise with subject matter expects to utilise learning and knowledge from the wider organisation.
The right candidate will have the following skills and background:
• Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Chartered Engineer with a relevant institution or working towards becoming chartered.
• Minimum of 15 years’ relevant experience.
• Civil Engineering design office experience, particularly in the design and detailing of reinforced concrete structures, seismic design experience.
• Use of Eurocodes, particularly Eurocode 2.
• Knowledge of civil design substantiation is produced and reported to demonstrate compliance with Safety Functional Requirements in support of the Nuclear Safety Case.
• Knowledge of and/or experience in civil engineering design contracts in the nuclear sector or other heavily regulated industries (such as oil & gas, rail, etc.).
• Knowledge of the use and application of ETC-C.
• Experience of the HPC project is desirable
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to be successful within this role, click ‘APPLY’ today, forwarding a recent copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.