We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Metallurgist with strong experience as a Material Lab Technician who has NADCAP experience for a 12 Month contract based in their Bristol site.
The Metallurgist/ Material Lab Technician will be working with gas-turbines, holding responsibility for manufacturing laboratory controls the materials and processes used within the facility. The Metallurgist/ Material Lab Technician will support the manufacturing process applicable to OGV manufacture across a wide range of products, processes and suppliers.
You will instruct, develop and scrutinise manufacturing 'special processes' such as metallurgical joining processes (EBW & TIG), diffusion bonding, chemical processes (cleaning, etching), and non-destructive testing (FPI, X-ray).
As a Metallurgist/ Material Lab Technician you will be responsible for:
- Control and develop the special processes required to support manufacture of components
- Ensure the engineering specifications are satisfied for new part introduction and ongoing manufacture.
- Provide technical support on all material and special process activities and ensure the site is NUCAP compliant and accredited in the required timescales and maintains any existing approvals.
- Ensure process compliance to National and International Standards through both the generation of shop floor instructions and the participation in audit procedures and compile component specific Rationalised Quality Specifications (RQSC's) and Quality Control Test procedures (QCTP's) for Sensitive and Critical parts.
- Approve process data cards/procedures, process or stage drawings and Methods of Manufacture both for domestically manufactured parts and for parts manufactured in the external supply network.
- Maintain operator training and qualification requirements for specific Special Processes including identification of changes to specification requirements that require subsequent operator training.
- Support the selection, justification, acquisition and commissioning of new processing equipment.
What we require from the Metallurgist/ Material Lab Technician candidate:
- NADCAP experience within a Metallurgy environment; ideally in an aerospace lab environment but will consider other relevant industries
- Qualified Metallurgist, Chemist or Engineer (UK MEng or other national equivalent) and/or has deep practical knowledge of laboratory operating procedures.
- Data driven approach to problem solving.
- Understanding the approvals process
If you are interested in applying for this Metallurgist/ Material Lab Technician position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.