Location: Greater Manchester
Job Type: Full-Time
Working Hours: Monday – Friday
We are working with a manufacturer of bespoke high-end seals and valves who provided maintenance support activities on installed systems. As their site expands their engineering team wants to increase their capacity, particularly to support repair activities on seals and rotating equipment backloaded to their Greater Manchester site.
The business is seeking a Technician (Mechanical) to lead on the dismantling, inspection and repairing of mechanical seals and rotating equipment.
Responsibilities within the business include:
- Tearing down and inspecting seals and rotating equipment.
- Request drawings needed to support work (e.g., GA and BoMs)
- Checking Bills of Materials prior to starting work.
- Accurately recording part’s conditions.
- Ensuring correct Work Orders are raised in planning meetings
- Providing detailed inspection reports including photographs to evidence.
- Repairing and assembling parts
- Reassembling completed seals / rotating equipment units.
- Mentoring and training junior Mechanical Engineering Technicians as needed.
- Contribute to improvements to process, procedures, and systems.
- Help other engineers on maintenance of equipment and machinery in the workshop.
The desired candidate will be from a business where they have been assembling / striping down mechanical seals or similar equipment / machinery. You will have demonstrable engineering experience with as HNC or similar qualification. You will have experience of part inspection and assessment.
You will be challenged to improve your skills in an experienced organisation which value their staff as equally to the customer. Salary advancement is an opportunity within the business as you gain more experience, and a reliable Christmas bonus is offered at the end of every year to all staff.
Perpetual Partnerships Ltd. is a leading national recruiter within the engineering and manufacturing sectors, delivering a focus on service and innovative solutions to both our clients and our candidates. We are part of an engineering group of companies, originally purposed to source quality candidates internally, now providing our services to the wider market.
If this role sounds like it could be of interest do not hesitate to apply or get in touch directly on (phone number removed) for further information. Email your CV to (url removed) directly for further enquiry.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.