Applications Engineer / Design Engineer
Applications Engineer / Design Engineer required for an engineering company based in Horsham. Working closely with Software & Electrical team specialists and support enquiries from the sales team, the Applications Engineer / Design Engineer will be involved at pre-sales and also throughout the sales process & into manufacturing. The role will require the Applications Engineer / Design Engineer to be CAD design competent, able to maintain existing drawing sets & models, as well as develop new project solutions, providing all necessary manufacturing instructions/needs.
£35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Company Bonus Scheme
25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Applications Engineer / Design Engineer will be responsible for customer technical support, product part knowledge and a practical hands-on capability, when prototyping or integrating concepts.
- Predominantly office based with occasional visits to customer sites.
- Support the scoping of system and part requirement needs for the Sales teams.
- Size parts, determine compatibility and advise on Safe operation, electrical supply and software control requirements.
- Generate 3D models in a Solidworks format to support the sales team with their quotations.
- Provide concept and detailed designs with Bills of Materials
- Provide technical support & trouble shooting to customers on delivered products/systems.
- Previous experience with CAD and have worked in either a Design Engineer or Applications Engineer role
- The Applications Engineer / Design Engineer should possess strong communication abilities
- Electrical understanding and machinery directive
- Educated ideally to HNC / HND or Engineering Degree that includes Software Control, Electrical and Mechanical Design capabilities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.