Trainee Field Services Technician
Location: Field based – London, Midlands, Southern or Northern Regions
Salary: up to £20,000 per annum plus overtime & company benefits
Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 – 17:30 plus on call
Your new role
Are you looking for a hands-on role that will give you skills and knowledge within cabling, connectivity and customer service?
Exponential-e is a pioneer of cloud, connectivity and communication solutions. Due to the capability of our sales and back office functions, we have sustained incredible organic growth over the last 17 years.
We are recruiting for the role of a Trainee Field Services Technician who will be learning and assisting with onsite Cabling and Hardware duties. You will work closely with existing Field Service Technicians and our customers, being apart of an excellent team who are progressive, flexible, supportive and logistically advanced.
- Providing support to colleague onsite whilst actively learning protocols
- Actively travelling to multiple customer cluster sites
- Co-ordinate on site cabling and hardware installation duties, working with Core Network and Managed Hosting teams to ensure hardware is correctly deployed and connectivity is tested and reachable remotely.
- Maintain a professional and disciplined approach at all times when working within Exponential-e Client Premises, Data Centre’s & Telephone Exchanges.
What you’ll need to succeed
Unlike many larger companies, successful people in Exponential-e operate with autonomy and agility. You should be capable of managing multiple stakeholders and acting as an enabler within the back office and customer facing environment.
Knowledge and Experience required:
- Well organized and self-motivated with the ability to work alone and as part of team
- The ability to be very flexible to commit to travel demands of the role e.g. staying away from home 5 days a week
- Proficient in working with hand held tools preferably cable cutters and crimps.
- Ability to work at height on small to medium step ladders.
- Experience and understanding of delivering excellent customer service.
- Full UK Driving License
- Some travel will be made by flight or train and covered by company expenses.
Not only will you be working for a company that constantly exceeds expectations with both our innovation and our customer service, but there are many benefits you will receive while working for us:
- Working at the forefront of technology
- Purchase up to five extra days of annual leave
- Every employee gets their birthday day off work
- Working with customers/clients from all verticals
- Clear progression paths with the ability to expand
- Autonomy and freedom to manage your own time and workload
- Culture quarterly and annual awards (Director awards, Pride awards)
- Learn and work with some of the most talented engineers in the industry
- Working in a fast paced, collaborative and enjoyable environment delivering a world-class service
- Culture Club organise events for the company (such as Thirsty Thursdays, kids Christmas party, quarterly socials)
- A dedicated Learning and Development team including access to a range of technical training and courses (LinkedIn Learning)
- Comprehensive benefits (25 days holiday, free fruit, free Barista coffee, season ticket loans, local gym discount, Vitality health cover)
From launching the world’s first Virtual private LAN in 2006 on our privately-owned 100GigE secure and super-fast Network to our recent work integrating SD-WAN and SD-DC, Exponential-e’s commitment to innovation has resulted in us being recognised as a world-class IT Service provider, one of the fastest-growing private companies in the UK, and have 8 ISO accreditations to our name.
We have built an extensive solutions portfolio, which enables the creation of services tailored specifically to our customers’ operational needs – whether that be for Private and Public Cloud, Data Centre, Unified Communications, Cyber Security or Managed IT Services.
What we deliver is Peace of Mind-as-a-Service. The customer is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we are trusted by more than 3,000 customers, boast a 96% customer reference-ability, and have an industry-leading Net Promoter Score.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our rapidly growing organisation. We take PRIDE in our culture and team spirit, driven by our employees that want to learn, achieve and build a successful career path.
What you need to do now
Click “apply now” and you will end up on our careers page, where you can see the full job description and will be able to send a copy of your CV to our recruitment team.
We are a company that hire for attitude, ambition and train for skills. So even if you don’t tick all of the boxes but want to be part of Exponential-e then please still apply.
We will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss this opportunity, or other relevant positions we may have.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.