Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Locations: Glenrothes / Livingston
Req ID: (phone number removed)BR
Raytheon UK is looking for an experienced mechanical engineer to make their mark on an exciting and well varied range of power conversion products for a multitude of applications spanning a whole host of industries and sectors.
This person will have a passion for their craft and can provide evidence of having a strong track record in producing customer-compliant, full product design solutions.
This role is a key player in supporting the definition of the complete engineering mechanical solution, bring together the integration of contributions from all other engineering disciplines including hardware, software, safety, and manufacturing.
The ability to work on projects from initial concept stage, developing the concepts through to final production is a key requirement. Alongside this, the ability to successfully interface with 3rd parties (for example: suppliers, industry experts, Universities, Customers) to understand how to realise a final product is also a major requirement for the role.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting engineer who wants to work on exciting projects and make a difference.
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Proven team leadership in product developments.
- Ability to lead mechanical teams and represent mechanical engineering in various forums.
- Responsible for the specification compliance of mechanical designs.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of sheet metal enclosures.
- Proficient user of Creo Elements 3D CAD/CAM/CAE solid modelling software
- Proven thermal analysis experience.
- Track record of performing stress / modal analysis investigations.
- Experience in interpretation of customer specs and end use environments
- Ability to develop concepts efficiently from limited or vague customer requirements and communicate potential solutions.
- Good problem solving skills, willing to take ownership as well as positively contributing within cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills with that ability to tailor communications to a range of audiences.
- Has the ability to work with Customers to develop technical requirements and then manage these requirements through the product development.
- Track record in designing products to reliably operate in harsh environments and challenging conditions (vibration, shock, acceleration, temperature and environment).
- Understands the principles of 6 Sigma and Lean Manufacturing.
- Fluid mechanics / thermodynamics / heat transfer.
- Experience working in Defence, Aviation and/or Aerospace sectors.
- Experience managing design and analysis sub-contracts
- Materials experience beyond eg. Plastics/mouldings
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering (minimum) or equivalent.
- A Chartered Engineer or working towards becoming Chartered.
- Candidates with other qualifications and relevant experience will be considered.
About Raytheon UK
With facilities in Broughton, Waddington, Glenrothes, Harlow, Gloucester, Manchester and a presence across customer sites together with remote working practices. Raytheon UK is invested in the British workforce and the development of UK technology. Across the country Raytheon UK employs over 2,000 people and supports 8,000 jobs. As a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence, Raytheon continues to invest in research and development, supporting innovation and technological advances across its core mission areas Weapons & Sensors, and Cyber, Space & Training.
Raytheon UK is a landed company, part of the Raytheon Technologies organisation and sits within the Raytheon Intelligence & Space business.
About Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defence company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses – Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defence. It’s 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cyber security. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
• 25 days holiday (increasing to 27 days) + statutory public holidays.
• Contributory Pension Scheme (up to 10.5% company contribution).
• 6 times salary ‘Life Assurance’.
• Flexible Benefits scheme.
• Discretionary Bonus scheme.
• Enhanced family friendly policies.
• 37hr standard working week, with an early finish on Fridays whilst operating a ‘Hybrid Working Model’*
• Canteen facilities are available at Harlow & Glenrothes sites. Manchester & Gloucester offer free snacks & drinks (hot & cold).
* Our Hybrid Working Model supports flexible working arrangements on a formal or informal arrangement, considering both location and/or working hours, subject to business and customer needs. Please highlight any flexible requirements to our Recruitment team to explore the opportunities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.