Roles available nationwide
- £14,000 - £28,000 per annum. Additional London weighting £3,828 - £5,328
You're made for more.
Are you passionate about customer service but feeling constrained in your current role? Interested in learning a technical trade, but not sure where to start? Whether you're searching for a more fulfilling career, or you're considering your options before entering the workplace, we need you to join us as one of 500 new apprentices on our Smart Energy Apprenticeship Scheme.
About the role
- Gain a respected qualification as a Dual Fuel Smart Meter Installer and you can look forward to a stable, long-term career with clear progression pathways across disciplines such as Heating, Repair, Electrical, and Electric Vehicles (EV).
- Day to day, you'll be responsible for providing customers with outstanding service and expert advice on energy efficiency while safely installing, exchanging, commissioning, and maintaining the nation's smart meters.
- Once your apprenticeship is underway, you'll benefit from a thorough 13-week training programme at one of our Academies in Dartford, Leicester, or Hamilton before gaining 6 weeks' field experience (with complementary online learning), and a further 6-8 weeks of field-based support.
- After your training is complete, you'll be based in your local region, but you'll need to be able to travel up to an hour from your home. Everything you need, including your van, tools, uniform, and safety equipment, will be provided for you.
- During initial training your base pay will be £14,000, rising to £17,000 on completion of your Academy assessments, then £20,000 after your support period. When you finish your one-year apprenticeship, your base pay will rise again to £28,000 (with a London weighting of £3,828 - £5,328 if applicable). In addition to your base pay, we also offer a generous uncapped bonus scheme, which you can choose to take as leave or a cash payment.
We're breaking down barriers and ensuring that, whatever your age, experience, or background, you can build a career here that works for you. To apply, all you'll need is:
- Four GCSEs or Scottish NAT5s at grade C or equivalent (preferably Maths, English, a Science, and a practical subject such as Technology, Food Tech or Electronics)
- A full UK driving licence
About British Gas
We're the biggest supplier of gas and electricity in the UK, and we take pride in our commitment to our customers. Every year, we service more than 6.5 million homes, and over 1 million of those have our smart meters installed. This number is expected to carry on growing too, as the Government continues its plan to roll out smart meters to every home and small business in the UK by 2024. Just think - with us, you'll be a vitally important part of the plan to reduce carbon emissions and help the energy system work better for everyone.
- We work a standard 5-day (40-hour) week, with schedules spread across our core hours: 7am to 9pm, Monday to Sunday, 365 days a year. To cover our customers' out-of-hours emergency jobs, we also have a standby rota, but we offer paid overtime for this.
- You'll get 33 days of annual leave (including Bank Holidays).
- If you choose, you can even buy 5 extra days of leave per year.
So, if you're a practical and enthusiastic person who is passionate about customer service and looking to take the next step in your career, apply today and help us change the face of the energy industry.
Break the mould.
Join our revolution.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.