Draken Europe is recruiting for an Aircraft Structural Fitter to support Base Maintenance activities to the appointed Supervisor and/or Licensed Aircraft Engineer, working on our fixed-wing fleet of Aircraft (predominantly Falcon 20).
This position is based at our Bournemouth International Airport site and requires minimal travel.
As an Aircraft Fitter your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Aviation apprenticeship background
- Aircraft structures experience working in an Aircraft line or base maintenance facility.
- Experience of service or commercial aircraft engineering/operations (desirable)
- Ability to gain full UK security clearance if not already gained.
- Motivated team member and physically fit to undertake manual tasks around and on board the aircraft
- Medically fit for detachment
As an Aircraft Fitter your main responsibilities will involve:
- Safety first. Operate at Draken Europe in accordance with the SHE Technical standards.
- Identify where the SHE Technical Standards are applicable to appointed operations/tasks and apply safe systems of work identified.
- Apply countermeasures identified in applicable risk assessment to appointed operations/tasks.
- To perform base maintenance and when required line maintenance on company and customer operated aircraft including, servicing, inspections, modifications and defect rectification. Reporting to your LAE & SLAE you will need to work in an efficient and timely manner to meet the allocated task times.
- The control of any material or Company equipment provided for the task.
- The cleanliness of the working area at all times.
- Keep all associated Base Maintenance equipment replenished and ensure service dates are complied with.
- There is a possibility of working shift patterns when required to meet operational demands.
Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
Our differences make us stronger. For example, we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with our recruitment partners at AMS if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.