Acknowledged leader in anti-terror security equipment, including automatic Gates, Barriers, Bollards and Roadblockers. Expertise in design and manufacture is the result of over 90 years’ experience and are accredited to ISO 9001.
With around 100 staff based at the headquarters in Crawley, West Sussex they provide a complete range of services including design, site surveys, manufacture, installation, civil and electrical services, maintenance, spares, repair or refurbishment and full project management, all backed up by a fully comprehensive customer service programme. All products are available with a wide range of control options and operating systems which are constantly evolving to meet customer’s demands. Working with many familiar companies from offices to banks, cash handling services, MOD sites, utilities, Government buildings and many more.
With the global threat of terrorism increasing they are growing to meet the needs of customers with 40% of equipment going overseas to more than 100 different countries.
Due to continued growth and expansion, they are now currently recruiting for a Junior Quality Engineer to join their team and the role might involve some shift work.
Junior Quality Engineer – Overview:
As a Junior Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to.
- Approving Incoming Materials by conforming specification, measurements, and visual tests.
- Co-ordinating with the Production Supervisors to ensure all products are final inspected to customer specifications.
- Inspecting and testing materials, equipment, processes, and products to ensure quality specifications are met.
- Responsible for calibration of Test fixtures, Jigs and Testing Equipment.
- Verification of supplier Test Reports/Inspection Reports with respect to standard.
- Ensuring Non-Conformities reports are raised once the activities deviate from the Contract specifications.
- Investigate and Implement effective corrective and preventive actions.
- Recording analyzing and distributing statical Information on a weekly/Monthly Basis.
- Supporting the Top Management with the improvement to the QMS & assisting with associated duties maintaining the QMS
A degree qualification in Engineering – Mechanical/ Electrical
- To be able to understand & have good knowledge of engineering drawings & tolerances.
- Experience using manual measuring techniques, including using hand tools such as vernier calipers & micrometers.
- Good communication skills must be able to relay information internally & externally.
- Strong organisational skills with an attention to detail and a focused approach to work
- Able to use and understanding of Windows based packages, email, internet etc.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and have an excellent memory.
- Ability to deal with multiple issues effectively and accurately under time pressure.
- A full driving license (car) would be an advantage.
Due to the size, you will be treated as an individual not a cog in a large machine and you’ll have as much responsibility as you can handle right from the start. Manufacturing is done on site, so you will gain experience quickly in all aspects of the products and everything that supports the processes.
An offer for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. Where they value employees and strongly support and encourage individuals, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
- A competitive salary package.
- Pension scheme after a qualifying period
- Access to discounts and offers, including reduced rate travel
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.