We are currently seeking a Site Engineer to work for a main civil engineering Contractor who works across the UK specializing in a variety of civil engineering projects. Role will be based in North West / North Wales region
- Ensure project deliverable are fully understood, through handover meetings with process team (estimating, design, commercial, procurement, plant and operations)
- Monitor projects performance daily with the project team, ensuring that all actions, risks and non-conformities are closed out in a timely manner to maximise margins and reduce risk.
- Prepare and collate contract documentation and ensure submission to the customer in advance of the works. Ensure all approvals are obtained in full prior to mobilization to site.
- Prepare site documentation for site team and communicate deliverable to the site supervisor. On complex or large projects attend site as required and as directed by the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for recording all changes to project deliverable with the customer ensuring involvement with the commercial department.
- Prepare and review the financial performance on a monthly basis and where applicable revise the project forecast weekly. Be responsible for all contract purchases/costs.
- Work closely with the whole process team (to include operations, pre-construction, commercial, plant, business development and design), to ensure effective and efficient project delivery.
- Develop relationships with customers to get a clear understanding of their requirements and to ensure customer understands the needs of our business.
- Ensure compliance with business strategy and procedures
- Ensure a relentless focus on safety – WORKSAFE HOMESAFE
PERSONAL QUALITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- The role requires a degree in a construction related subject and preferably some experience in civil engineering operations and design. Individuals must have or are working towards a recognized qualification
- Focused and thorough and have the gravitas and professional credibility to advise senior management when something needs immediate redress together with the tenacity and drive to ensure that the necessary action is taken.
- The individual needs to be capable of communicating ideas and concepts effectively to both their own team and external, particularly operational, parties, must have good commercial acumen and a working knowledge of contracts.
- The individual should have a desire to continuously pursue innovation and development, with a focus on the customer and the ground engineering business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.