An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Design Engineer to join a focused team working on a large range of Attachments and Light Equipment Products.
Design Engineer Role:
Reporting to the Principal Engineer/Design Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Creation of drawings and bills of materials.
- Design for ease of assembly, manufacture and service.
- Coordination of project timings and resource
- Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Presentation at weekly management reviews.
- Develop and validate specifications.
- Conducting attachment testing at test facilities.
- Creation of Technical Construction File documentation including; DVPSOR, Risk Assessments, Test Reports, Change Documentation etc.
Design Engineer Requirements:
- Ideally, you will have a strong engineering background (minimum 2 years in full time role), possessing a mechanical related Degree/HND or equivalent experience and working towards Chartered Status.
- Should be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment (to the role and their own professional development), flexibility and enthusiasm as well as a sense of urgency and ownership of projects.
- Logical problem-solving techniques.
- 3D CAD system operation (NX preferable) to conduct design and concept work.
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis (Ansys preferable) and report writing.
- Demonstrate a sound grasp of engineering principles.
- Ability to interface with internal and external customers on a technical level.
- Self-starting and ability to make things happen.
- Experience in Agricultural or Construction Machines / Attachments would be preferable but not obligatory.
- Previous Attachment design experience would be desirable but is not essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly, across all levels is a pre-requisite.
In addition to an excellent salary and career progression and development opportunities, our Client offers an excellent pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company’s healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
This vacancy is only available to Candidates with relevant experience as detailed in the job description. Due to volume of applications, we are unable to respond to applicants who do not possess the required skills and experience. Recent Graduates who do not have the required level of industry experience need not apply.
Candidates must be authorised to work in the country where this role is located BEFORE making an application.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.