Jackson Civil Engineering is dynamic, innovative and focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting and varied projects. We want our people to succeed both in work and life and to support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Here at Jackson we are a big believer that happy people do a good job and we are now looking to expand our QHSE Team!
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Adviser to work in our Northern region.. Travelling to various sites is essential for this role so a full UK driving licence will be needed.
The main purpose of this role is to provide quality, health, safety and environmental advice and support across the company.
The Main Duties for this role are:
- Working in partnership with our operations team
- Building excellent working relationships with our clients and partners
- Inspiring best practice within the company
- Driving positive QHSE behaviours
- Investigating incidents and recommending actions to prevent recurrence
- Promoting compliance with our quality, health, safety and environmental policies and company procedures.
Are you the person we are looking for?
The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator who is flexible and willing to multi task and react to work demands with excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
We are ideally looking for someone who has experience in a QHSE role in construction/civil engineering who is looking to progress their career within an established and experienced team.
The ideal candidate will also have an IOSH/NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety, ideally combined with a National Certificate in Construction. We will encourage progression to achieve Chartered status in time.
Knowledge and experience of the following would also be beneficial:
ISO 45001, ISO 9001 & ISO 14001
Excellent benefits package and personal development opportunities:
We don’t just offer a great place to work with a supportive, family atmosphere. We also offer:
- Life assurance cover (4x annual salary)
- Company car OR car allowance
- Company pension scheme (we match up to 6%)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (with an option of buying more holiday)
- Extensive training programmes
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee benefits platform
- Free on-site parking
- Company social calendar
- Regular fun days and a broad range of charity events
- A supportive business that genuinely wants to help you progress in your career.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We also place high importance on our inclusive recruitment policy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance or adjustments.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within two weeks please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.