JN Technical are recruiting an experienced steelwork Design Engineer to join a national construction company who specialise in the fabrication and erection of steel structures across the UK.
Design Engineer applicants must have:
- Extensive experience in working within the UK steelwork industry
- Degree or equivalent in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Excellent design calculation capabilities and experience of using sector-related software packages such as Tekla Structural Designer (Fastrak Building Designer), Fastrak Portal Frame, Masterframe / STAAD PRO, Masterseries Connections etc.
Design Engineer Job Scope:
- Work closely with clients, colleagues and other professionals, using construction plans, drawings and specifications;
- Develop steelwork design ideas using current industry software;
- Apply loadings to and calculate stresses and loadpaths through different parts of a structure;
- Ensure that projects meet legal guidelines, environmental directives, and health and safety requirements;
- Maintain quality service by following company standards;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed;
- Provide progress reports to clients and senior managers;
- Robust knowledge of structural mechanics and engineering principles,
- Competitive starting salary
- Private Health Care
- Company Pension
- Opportunity to work on iconic and prestigous steel structures
This is an excellent opportunity to join an market leading construction company.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.