Draken Europe are recruiting for a B1 Engineering Supervisor. The position is responsible, to the Senior Base Engineer, for the safety, regulatory compliance and performance of Line/Base Maintenance activities and the effective delivery of customer contractual requirements.
This role is at the operating base in Northern Ireland.
As an Engineering Supervisor your skills and qualifications will include:
Personal Skills/Abilities -
- Sound knowledge of the Line / Base Maintenance & C Rated workshop operations
- Sound knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to Line / Base Maintenance & Workshop activities
- An ability to motivate people and influence change in line with company organisational values
- Team oriented with proven advanced communication and influencing skills
Educational Vocational Qualifications –
- Previous experience at a supervisory level is essential.
- Proven record of accomplishment, over 3 years at SLAE Level or similar role within an aircraft maintenance environment is essential
- Extensive knowledge of Regulatory requirements related to Base Maintenance / Workshops is essential.
- Experience on Un-pressurised twin engine turbo-prop aircraft.
- Previous military or defence contract experience
- Previous experience with the MS Office suite and MS Project
- Security cleared to meet current UK and ITAR requirements in support of the business
- Unrestricted UK Part 66 B1 and / or B2 licence with relevant type rating(s) and company authorisations as applicable. (Additional EASA ‘A’ Licence rating is preferred for B2 certifiers). UK Part 66 C rating on relevant aircraft type. (BN Islander BN-2T)
As an Engineering Supervisor your key responsibilities will be to ensure the following:
- That the welfare, health and safety of staff under his/her control is maintained.
- The necessary liaison, supervision, engineering practices and training are implemented in accordance with regulations and instructions.
- The necessary level of supervision of aircraft or related activities is carried out to ensure that procedures are correctly followed, and documentation correctly completed.
- The training of personnel to the level necessary to complete the tasks defined in their job description. This includes non-technical, technical and “on the job” training.
- Ensuring that all work on the aircraft and associated components are carried out in accordance with relevant Draken, CAA and Ministry of Defence procedures, aircraft maintenance manuals and engineering drawings to an appropriate and cost-effective standard.
- Ensuring compliance as defined by the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and by Draken Company policy, through the Health and Safety Management Manual.
- Ensuring that all test and ground support equipment is in a serviceable/calibrated condition and fit to carry out its function before use.
- The recording of attendance, holiday arrangements and sickness, the assessment of overtime requirements and obtaining Management approval.
- Any other duties that are reasonably requested by management within the capability of the incumbent.
- Draken combines advanced technology with a diverse range of aircraft platforms and highly skilled people to deliver mission-critical global aviation solutions for government customers worldwide.
- Our end-to-end capabilities include customised Operational Readiness Training, Aircraft MRO & Engineering, Specialised Helicopter Training as well as Search & Rescue and Surveillance services.
- Our differences make us stronger. For example we need people from both commercial and military backgrounds to keep our services reliable yet challenging. In the same way we need people of different ethnicity, backgrounds, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religious and non-religious beliefs. For no other reason than it makes our organization perform better.
- It’s this diversity of perspective and talent that delivers our values and enables our success, as a diverse mix of voices leads to better discussions, decisions and outcomes for everyone.
- We believe that diversity is bringing your own unique perspective to the conversations, inclusion is having a voice and engagement is having that voice heard.
- Intolerance, which we condemn in any form, has no place in our Company, and we all have a responsibility to ensure that we treat each other fairly and with respect.
- We want a culture where everyone who joins feels they have opportunities to succeed and grow, and operate in an environment where they can be authentic.
- We are also an Armed Forces friendly organisation, and as part of our commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, welcome applications from veterans and services spouses and partners who met the criteria in our job specifications.
- In line with our Disability Confident Commitments, we provide reasonable adjustments to facilitate our interview process, please liaise with our recruitment partners at AMS if any reasonable adjustments are required.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.