Senior Fire Alarm and Commissioning Engineer - London
Alecto Recruitment Ltd are on the lookout for an experienced Fire Alarm and Commissioning Engineer based around London, who will be covering London, inside the M25. Our client are specialists within Fire Protection and Fire Safety industry, and the need a Senior Engineer who specialises within Fire Alarms. You will need to have excellent Fault Finding skills as well as being able to Commission a wide range of Fire Alarms. This Engineer will NOT be expected to go on an on call rota, however they are able to join it if they wish to earn more money.
The job involves:
- Installation, Commissioning and Fault Finding of Fire Alarms in accordance with the relevant standards.
- Plan and organise work schedule to ensure that duties are carried out in an efficient and organised way, whilst delivering a high level of quality customer service.
- Complete all relevant documentation and records, in an accurate and timely manner to the required standards including instructions, timesheets, work reports, service reports, expense claims and vehicle safety checks.
- Share technical and problem solving ability skills and knowledge with colleagues an maintain good relationships within the team.
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment provided by the company as required and to take care of and request replacement equipment as needed.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career but you will need to meet certain criteria in order to be eligible for the role. We expect you to have:
- Autonomous worker who does not require handholding
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable liaising with all site trades and office-based professionals, up to and including director level.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A good level of numeracy and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills including being competent with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of various Fire Alarm systems such as Advanced, Kentec, Gent, Morley, C-tec etc.
- FIA Fire Alarm accreditation's highly advantageous (Specifically FIA 1 & 5)
- Must have experience with Commissioning Fire Alarms, Commissioning qualifications highly desirable
- Needs an in-depth knowledge of numerous Fire Alarm addressable and related systems.
- A positive 'can-do' approach
The ideal candidate will have an interest in technology and be looking to learn and progress their career. Our client provide on going training on and off site.
You Can Look Forward To
- £38,000 - £41,000 basic salary depending on experience
- Compliance bonus of up to £1,200 per year
- No on call necessary, however you can go on this rota if you wish and receive extra payments when on call.
- Overtime paid at time and a half (Paid door to door)
- A friendly, modern working environment
- On-going training, support and further Fire industry qualifications provided
A company vehicle will be provided, and the candidate must hold a full UK driving license.
This opportunity is not to be missed for Fire Engineers who are seeking a new opportunity with excellent prospects and benefits - Apply now!
To apply for this role, please forward your CV to Christopher Williams, Lead Recruitment Consultant, Alecto Recruitment Ltd. (url removed) or call (phone number removed) in strict confidences. Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy. If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.