Job Title: Principal Energy Engineer
Position: Contract - PAYE
Rullion are looking for a Principal Energy Engineer to support the client's zero carbon pathway and commitment to zero carbon by 2038. You will help to set, develop and monitor appropriate and acceptable standards of service, in respect of Energy Engineering design and maintenance, Utilities management, and energy conservation issues across the client's estate.
- To manage a team of energy engineers and other technical staff, in the development and monitoring of cost effective LTM, PPM, reactive maintenance schemes, and energy efficiency and carbon reduction across buildings and infrastructure.
- To work closely with the Head of Environmental Sustainability to support the development, implementation and reporting of the zero-carbon pathway. This includes developing and overseeing an ongoing programme of energy efficiency, carbon reduction and measures to decarbonise the estate.
- Provide specific advice within the area of technical expertise on a routine basis and provide professional energy support across the DoEF.
- Conduct or commission an ongoing programme of energy surveys to assist in the development of a long-term maintenance plan and support the zero carbon pathway.
- Design, implement and maintain policies that ensure energy procurement is carried out in a manner that meets legislative, statutory, safety requirements, good practice, is cost effective and supports the zero carbon pathway.
- Develop outline design briefs to enable the commissioning of internal and external consultants.
- Assist in the setting up of performance management systems incorporating Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Manage and control any delegated budgets ensuring expenditure and income are monitored and controlled in accordance with delegated authority and in accordance with the University's Financial Regulations.
- Contribute to the development of a customer focused service, promoting the Facilities - Maintenance and Compliance Unit and the wider Directorate of Estates and Facilities by establishing and maintaining working relationships throughout the University.
- Assist in the development and implementation of efficient, cost-effective working practices and quality service standards to ensure the provision of an effective maintenance service to the highest achievable standard, demonstrating value for money.
- Lead the Energy Team in fulfilling the requirements of the EUETS on completing the necessary returns and submissions. Arrange for the purchase of Carbon Credits
- Direct the Energy sections of the Directorate of Estates and Facilities Design Teams Guide
- Act as the main contact for Energy matters to the consultants working on Construction projects.
The Right Candidate:
- Appropriate academic qualification to master's degree level in a Mechanical, Electrical or Energy engineering related discipline.
- Be a Chartered Engineer and hold Professional Chartered Membership of the CIBSE.
- An established track record and experience in Energy engineering management, and carbon management across a wide portfolio of building types.
- Experience setting and monitoring standards.
- Experience of producing quality briefing documents to enable consulting engineers to develop design briefs that meet the University's requirements
- Experience of producing high quality reports and correspondence and giving clear oral reports/presentations.
- Experience of managing and controlling budgets/resources/funding.
Must be proficient in:
- Energy legislation
- Mechanical and electrical engineering best practice
- Day to day engineering maintenance and energy strategies.
- Carbon management
- Health & Safety legislation
- Mechanical and Energy engineering best practice
- Contractual practices and procedures
- People management and related Human Resources issues
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.