Role: Nuclear Project Engineer
Salary: Competitive plus Flexible benefits package
To provide project management of quality and related services in connection with Bureau Veritas activities on Nuclear new build projects in the UK. Support the growth of UK nuclear business within the technical, quality, inspection and NDE activities on new build and existing nuclear licensed sites
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience in a similar role with a technical background
- Degree/HND in Engineering/Materials/Metallurgy or equivalent level qualification
- Fluent in English (speaking & writing)
- Must hold or be eligible to hold BPSS/SC clearance
- Experience of nuclear regulations, codes and standards and inspection requirements is desirable
- Self-starting, flexible and adaptable to changing requirements.
- Demonstrate a positive safety attitude.
- Excellent technical communication skills
- Impactful in critical situations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Developing and maintaining excellent relationships with both internal and external Customers.
- Liaising with customers to understand their requirements/expectations for quality assurance, quality control and inspection.
- Supporting the development of tender, pricing and risk register.
- Preparation and review of control documents.
- Managing day to day operations of a portfolio of task orders - covering operational, health and safety, technical and quality requirements across all locations.
- Developing and setting inspection strategy.
- Reviewing Design or Manufacturing documents and providing technical advices on identified issues.
- Providing inputs on manufacturing Non-Conformances.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Have an excellent working knowledge of UK requirements for Inspection within the nuclear industry or transferable experience from another high hazard industry in setting out Inspection and Inspection Qualification strategies.
- Understanding of codes and standards for high integrity pressure systems
- Be able to demonstrate a proactive, self-motivated approach to technical and non-technical work.
- Be able to demonstrate a willingness and proactive attitude to taking responsibility for technical and non-technical issues.
- Have experience of managing a range of stakeholders and will be able to demonstrate a successful track record of influencing and negotiating, particularly in technical discussions relating to Inspection.
- Good working knowledge of the Customers quality requirements
- Good working knowledge of manufacturing techniques and processes.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.