Working as part of a team of environmental test specialists, the successful graduate will have the opportunity to develop technical understanding and regulatory test skills to contribute to the provision of a comprehensive environmental testing service, working with customer across a wide range of industry sectors.
The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to join our Graduate Development/Progression Scheme to ensure a full understanding of all business functions and operations. The opportunity offers a competitive salary package and annual leave entitlement and support in finding local accommodation if required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting climatic environmental testing to relevant test standards, regulatory requirements and defined test plans.
- Working closely with customers during attended testing.
- Recording test results using various electronic logbook systems and production of test reports, following company quality procedures.
- Liaison with customers relating to the specification and conduct of test and the interpretation of the results.
- Close liaison with the Project Manager to ensure work is carried out accurately and within the timescales allowed.
- Helping to develop and refine test plans with the customer.
- Help with the development of test methods and other departmental documentation.
- Working with the team to implement continuous improvement activities and develop procedures and processes to improve the efficiency of the testing service.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in an engineering or relevant scientific subject (e.g. Electrical, Electronic or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Manufacturing etc)
- An interest in working in a test environment
- Motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic, with a drive to learn and develop
- Good understanding of IT systems such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to deliver work independently or as a team to defined deadlines
- Conscientious with good interpersonal, customer skills and commercial awareness
- A flexible approach to work, with a willingness to work ad-hoc overtime, shift working or on customer sites as and when required.
- Completion of an industry placement year relevant to their studies
- Start Date:
- Contract Length:
- Contact Name:
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference:
- Job ID:
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.