We are currently recruiting for a Electrical Maintenance Technician to join an established recycling company, based at their site in Manchester.
The role is to undertake any duties deemed necessary to assist the maintenance team across the site carrying out a wide range of duties including carrying out designated TPM tasks and assisting with breakdowns.
- Ensure safe working practices at all times
- To perform TPM tasks in specific areas of plant and maintain stock levels as necessary
- To assist in machinery breakdowns and continuous improvement projects.
- To ensure specification and purchasing is timely and cost-effective by following the company procedures.
- To ensure use and compliance with the company’s Maintenance management system
- To ensure the workshop is in a clean organised condition at all times
- Be part of the storage of spare parts improvement project.
- To respond to emergencies and repairs as required
- Apply the highest standards of health and safety during all tasks, as per company procedures
- Be a proactive member of any continuous improvement initiatives
- To adapt to any preventive or reactive maintenance procedural changes and keep all relevant maintenance data current
- Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Maintenance or equivalent.
- Knowledge of S7 PLC Controllers, ABB Inverters, Profibus network systems and Scada.
- 18th Edition Wiring Regulations.
- Ability to fault find complex systems, upgrade systems and fault find on emergency stop circuits.
- Familiar with 110/240/415AC.
- Knowledge of PATS testing and statutory regulations.
- Electrical Inspection and Testing Certificate desirable.
- Mechanical experience desirable.
- Committed to Continuing Professional Development.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment.
- Well organised and works well under pressure.
- Ability to organise, plan and procure materials for medium sized repair or upgrade works.
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to read electrical drawings.
- Working knowledge of conveyors, bearings, gearboxes and motors desirable.
- Driving license essential.
Shifts: Monday - Friday, 6am - 2.30pm, 2pm - 10.30pm
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.