On behalf of our client, we are seeking to recruit Senior Maintenance Manager or Assets Manager to join their Northern Ireland based organisation.
The Maintenance Manager will provide leadership and line management to the relevant Assets team to ensure a high quality service is delivered in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership and line management for a response maintenance team and deliver an excellent tenant focussed service.
- Collate and prepare management information as required for performance and other statutory returns.
- Ensure compliance with all human resource related policies and procedures.
- Action and manage complaints resolving issues and highlighting trends where evident.
- As a member of the Operational Management Team, participate in wider organisational activities including investigations and discipline hearings, quality initiatives etc., as and when required.
- Assist in the establishment of budgets and be responsible for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure.
- Contribute to the Asset Management Strategy, Divisional Business Plan and other strategies and initiatives as required.
- Be responsible for introducing any Efficiency Savings in accordance with the organisation’s targets.
- Manage and monitor the performance of suppliers, contractors, consultants, and other delivery partners on a regular basis to ensure regulatory targets are met, quality of workmanship and service is maintained and a “value for money” service is provided.
- Ensure the response maintenance service is delivered in accordance with policies and procedures and develop these further on an on-going basis to ensure that legislation, DfC guidance and good practice are met.
- Manage the response maintenance contractors ensuring that the service delivered is consistent with the requirements of the contract, taking corrective actions as necessary.
- Manage the resources at your disposal to ensure that Emergency and COT works are appropriately prioritised and delivered within the expected timeframes.
- Take the lead on addressing valuations, variations, disputed invoices, low performance damages, contractual notices and contract disputes for designated response maintenance and associated contracts.
- Evaluate operational systems and procedures to ensure a quality Maintenance Support Service is provided that will meet the needs of the customers.
- Authorise works instructions within designated approval levels and authorise invoices for payment.
- Level six qualification (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, Graduate diploma) or above in an related discipline such as Quantity Surveying/Construction/ Engineering/Building Studies AND 3 years’ relevant experience of maintenance and/or construction and project management at a supervisory level plus 2 years' relevant experience OR 5 years’ relevant experience
- Relevant experience must include:
- Contract management
- Performance monitoring in a client facing role
- Responsibility for designated budgets and providing forecasts of expenditure
- Procurement of technical works and/or services
- Experience of constructing business cases, board reports and presentations.
- Experience of supervising staff which should include directing/delegating work and dealing with problems including identification and resolution
- T literate with demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft Office to include excel, working with databases, spreadsheets, setting budgets
- A current full driving licence and access to a suitable form of transport*
(*where an applicant indicates that a disability prohibits them from driving, this criterion will be waived at the shortlisting stage. In such circumstances, consideration will be given in any subsequent offer of appointment to suitable alternative arrangements that the candidate may be able to put in place that would enable them to meet the travel requirements for the post).
- Eligible to work in the UK.
The organisation offers a competitive starting salary of £38,890 based on a 37 hour week, as well as a great range of benefits.
To apply please send your CV to Patricia in Microsoft word format by clicking on the link who will then be in touch with you.
If this role isn’t suitable but you are looking for a new opportunity please do not hesitate to contact our experienced consultants. You can visit our website in the first instance or call our office.
Please ensure your CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.