We have a great opportunity for 5 Project Managers for one of Northern Irelands largest Public Body's, to be responsible for managing a wide range of civil engineering projects. Project types include permanent way (track), structures (bridges, earthworks and sea defences) and environmental (vegetation management) on the railway network and will include complex, multidisciplinary projects as well as minor works.
This position is initially for 12 months with the opportunity to go permanent.
As a Project Manager your new role will include but not be limited to the following:
- Defining project requirements, scope and preparing project briefs as well as developing and maintaining the Project Execution Plan
- Manage the design development process and technical approvals
- Support the development of the project business case (Economic Appraisal)
- Develop project budget costs and contingency (risk allowance) and manage through the project life cycle
- Develop the project schedule, critical path and manage change control
- Develop the procurement and contracts strategy for all suppliers and contractors and manage the procurement process
A full job description and application form details can be provided upon request.
Essential experience should include the following:
- A minimum of a degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or relevant Construction related subject
- A minimum of 3 years experience in managing civil engineering projects
- Sound knowledge and experience of project management methodologies and documentation
- Experience in managing construction contracts
- Proven experience in managing project budgets and schedules
- Previous experience in leading project teams and managing internal and external stakeholders
It would be Desirable if candidates had the following:
- Experience in managing NEC3 Professional Service and/or Works Contracts
- Experience of working on railway projects
- Previous experience in public procurement practice for construction works and services
If you feel thay one of these "Project Manager" roles is something you may be interested in and you would like to be considered please apply via the button shown.
Contact Damien if you would like to discuss the role specifics in more detail.
Please also be aware that any correspondence or discussions related to this opportunity will be conducted with the utmost of confidentiality.
This vacancy is being advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd. The services advertised by Wellington Professional Recruitment Ltd are those of an Employment Agency on behalf of our client.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.