Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK and Ireland across the renewable energy and waste treatment sectors, providing design, intellectual and engineering service solutions to financial institutions, developers, and owner-operators.
We operate from our head office in Stockport with regional offices in Dublin and Belfast. We are Investors in People accredited to Gold standard.
We are seeking a mechanical or chemical engineering master’s finalist who will graduate in the summer of 2021 and who wants to work on exciting and innovative renewable energy projects in the UK and Ireland. Applicants must be be able to work in the UK without any restrictions.
We are looking for:
- A minimum of a 2.1 class master’s degree in a mechanical or chemical engineering discipline;
- ‘A’-grades at A-Level (or IB equivalent) in mathematics plus two science subjects; and
- Grade ‘B’ or above in English language at GCSE (or IGCSE) level.
We are also looking for the following personal attributes and skills:
- effective communication skills
- a desire to work in the renewable power industry, with both thermal and non-thermal technologies
- an outgoing, tenacious, and curious personality
- prior experience with Microsoft Office/365 and particularly advanced Excel skills
- excellent command of written English (report writing skills)
- some understanding of health and safety at work
- the ability to evaluate, explain and simplify complex technical issues to non-technical individuals
- clean full driving licence
- ability to travel both in the UK and overseas as required.
The successful applicant will join us in September 2021 and will be trained in a structured 18-month programme, on the job, by recognised engineering leaders from within our industry. You will learn about the different aspects of capital project development and be encouraged to begin to work towards chartered status with your relevant engineering institution.
You will liaise directly with our clients be they contractors, bankers, operators, or equipment suppliers, as necessary.
What we offer:
We offer a package to include basic salary, a car allowance, contributory private pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, generous bonus scheme, 33 days annual leave and significant further training and development opportunities.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.