Hours of Work: Monday - Friday, 8-5
Must be able to pass DV clearance
Take ownership of allocated building services/systems upgrades, modifications, decommissioning projects and minor new works valued up to 500K pa. within a highly regulated secure estate as a key member of a Facilities Management team, ensuring works are completed to schedule, cost and quality standards. The role will include leading the assessment and delivery of projects in line with EMCOR policies and procedures.
- Initiate contact with specialists and suppliers for quotes, reports and professional advice.
- Manage and deliver allocated projects from design, tender, installation/construction to testing and commissioning, practical completion and handover.
- Prepare briefs, schedules and scope documents for approval.
- Prepare budget costs and manage ongoing project costs.
- Procure, coordinate and manage specialist sub-contractors and supplier.
- Prepare construction phase health and safety plans.
- Liaise with EMCOR Account Management and client Facilities Management team to keep them informed of project progress and issues that may affect the running of the contract.
- Maintain accurate project administration files and costs (financial records). Preparation of a weekly report for the Account Manager detailing project activities. Attendance at weekly internal meetings.
- Provide operational support as necessary to other parts of business. Any other reasonable duties as requested, identifying opportunities and development of the small project's operations.
- Educated to HNC / HND Standard (or equivalent in an M&E discipline with an electrical bias).
- Through understanding of electrical installations, minor works and fixed wire electrical testing.
- SMSTS or IOSH Managing safely.
- Knowledge of key operational management disciplines, e.g. quality control, work planning methods Capable of managing a portfolio in excess of £500k per annum
- IT literacy (word processing, excel spreadsheets and project management tools).
- Knowledge of Permit to Work systems.
- Good communication skills both Written and Oral
- A good ability to plan and organise in a reactive environment.
- Valid full driving licence.
- Good sound knowledge and understanding with commercial and contractual issues
- A good understanding of GMP practices and documentation
- Thorough understanding of M&E Plant and building services.
- 25 days annual leave
- Auto enrol pension
- Company sick pay
- Flexible benefits available (retail discounts, reduced gym memberships etc)
- Cycle scheme
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.