We have a unique opportunity with a Biotech based in Cambridge who is currently undergoing a crucial stage of their product development and seeking an experienced, industry-proven Manufacturing Engineer to join their multi-disciplinary team to help bring their flagship product through to production.
In this role, you will be directing the progression from one-off prototypes, to Beta prototypes and through to successful low-volume production of their scientific instrument, along with their associated single-use cartridges.
Role Responsibilities – Manufacturing Engineer
- Set up of pilot assembly lines
- Development of manufacturing processes and leading activities such as Root Cause Analysis, P-FMEA, QC planning etc.
- Consulting to the entire engineering team on all manufacturing engineering related projects
- Designing individual components, assembly jigs and fixtures
Role Requirements – Manufacturing Engineer
- Proven experience of delivering products into production from early prototype stage
- Extensive knowledge of various manufacturing techniques and assembly process, as well as materials
- Working experience of integrating a lab-on-chip or silicon chip into a wider electro-mechanical package
- 3D M-CAD user
- Ability to create 2D engineering drawings
It would be beneficial if you have worked within a medical device, scientific instrumentation or ink-jet printing organisation in the past, however this is not essential.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.