Structural Engineer – Leeds
Our clients are an established engineering consultancy providing Civil, Structural, Geotechnical Engineering and Building Services consultancy services to a wide range of clients throughout the UK. Due to continued growth, they are currently looking to recruit a Structural Engineer to join their Leeds office.
They are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to manage and work on the design of various structural engineering projects. These projects predominantly cover the north of England, centred on Leeds, but will occasionally include sites across the UK.
The post is within the structural engineering team which is responsible for the structural design of building for commercial, industrial, health, leisure, retail and residential sectors.
- Chartered Structural Engineer (MIStructE) or approaching Chartered status
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a UK based engineering consultancy
- Experience with both new build and refurbishment projects
- Proficient in the design of all structural materials
- Strong knowledge of construction methods, health & safety and legal regulations
- Working knowledge of the Eurocodes and Finite Element Analysis packages is essential
- Ability to work both independently and as part of the design team
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience in dealing with clients and architects
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
- Flexible working up to 2 days per week working from home
- 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Chartered Professional fees paid for
- Health benefit scheme
- Bi-annual bonus scheme
- Early Friday finish
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.