To assist Engineers in the provision of engineering support across the business and support with process improvements and designs where required.
Duties & responsibilities
- Provision of ongoing maintenance within the Plant Engineering department, identifying issues, analysing malfunctioning equipment and systems, recommending corrective action and on approval make repairs or modifications under the direction of the Plant Engineers/Manager, monitoring solutions to ensure their effectiveness
- Responsibility for the supervision of shift Technicians & apprentices assigned to your shift.
- Support the Plant Engineering Manager in the implementation and enforcement of procedures to ensure that deadlines are met in accordance with agreed practices
- Work with the Plant Engineering Manager/Engineers in the development of colleagues to agreed company standards in working practices and processes
- Carrying out periodic preventive maintenance on plant machinery and equipment
- Regularly check quality of instrumentation to meet production, safety and legal requirements
- To assist with project work as required
- Support team building and promote good working relations through example and good practice
- Support colleagues in the identification of improvement activities and problem solving and participate in appropriate activities on an ad hoc basis
- Liaise with Manufacturing Engineers or Managers to ensure departmental needs are met in a timely and efficient manner
- Provide technical advice in troubleshooting and problem solving situations and technical support on projects as required
- Support Apprentices with advice and guidance where appropriate
Qualifications & experience
- Completion of Advanced Apprenticeship, HNC or higher qualification in Mechanical/Electrical or related discipline
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and/or pneumatics
Experience of a General Machining Workshop including Turning, Milling and fitting of manual tools would be advantageous.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.