Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer
McIntyre Compliance Services - £(phone number removed) per annum plus vehicle, uniform, test equipment, laptop, mobile phone other benefits
MCS is a leading national supplier of electrical, fire safety and security services for the Social Housing sector. This is an exciting time to join the Company with its focus to be the trusted partner in the market for compliance safety services.
MCS will be reliant on your technical ability to manage our customers life safety through your ability to inspect, report and repair our customers electrical installations. You will be working in a different environment every day and across a variety of locations. We trust our engineers to be the face of our business and engage with our clients to ensure we deliver exceptional customer service excellence.
We rely on your expertise and knowledge of regulations and standards to deliver a high quality of testing and keep our customers safe
If you are a experienced electrician who has the ability to carry out EICR reports across housing, recreation and light commercial buildings we are keen to hear from you.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Carrying out Inspecting & Testing on customers electrical installations (EICR’s) including Emergency Lighting testing, fire alarm Inspections and thermal imaging
- Completing all relevant reports and certification associated with your inspection & testing
- Ensuring all reports and certification are completed and summited on time
- Conduct remedial works as part of the inspection were appropriate
The ideal candidate for an Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer at MCS will have:
- A flexible approach to work with a minimum of work 40 hours per week, Mon-Fri with opportunity to earn significantly more through weekends and participate in an out of hours call out rota
- A full UK Driving License
- Previous Electrical Experience, Lighting, Wiring, Alarm Systems, Fire Prevention Systems.
- City and Guilds level 2 & 3 Electrical installations.
- To be an Electrical Tester, you will need to hold City & Guilds 2391, (preferably)
- Up-to-date with current standard BS7671, 18th Edition BS7671
- A good level of IT literacy.
- Experience working in an electrical testing environment
- An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- A base salary of £33,500 - £36,000 with average take home £50,250 (Bonus, Overtime, On Call and Travel Time) many of our staff earn over £55,000 per annum.
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- A company vehicle
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Company Pension Scheme
- 30-day holiday allowance (including 8 bank holidays)
This is a role that is focused on the delivery of EICR test & will include the maintenance and repair of domestic systems and facilitating the Health & Safety procedures and requirements within the contract, whilst providing technical advice to both our employees and clients.
You will need strong interpersonal and organisational skills, working proactively to meet the needs of our customers. You will be responsible for looking at possible risks associated with the role and reporting any issues promptly to support the ongoing safety of self and others.
You can be based anywhere in the region and surrounding areas within 30 min travel
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.