Manufacturing engineer required by a leading technology company looking to expand their R&D and manufacturing hub in Cambridge.
The business has built a state-of-the-art production line, enabling the company to produce high-quality products at low cost and high speed. They supply sectors including medical, aerospace, automotive and renewable energy.
About the manufacturing engineer position
The manufacturing engineer will be an integral member of the operations team, working directly with the broader business to develop, evaluate and monitor manufacturing processes. Detailed responsibilities will include: -
- Identifying areas for improvement, assisting with the design of new systems, equipment, and processes for new and existing products/manufacturing workstreams.
- Developing ways to streamline manufacturing to increase both quality and speed.
- Designing and developing prototypes.
- Identifying faults, investigating production problems, and repairing equipment.
- Working directly with the R&D team on their product pipeline.
What you need to apply for the manufacturing engineer: -
- A degree in mechanical engineering.
- A strong background in manufacturing/production/process engineering gained with metal-based products/production processes.
- Willingness to be hands-on and work in a smaller company environment.
- A passion for innovation.
In return, the manufacturing engineer will receive a salary of between £30,000 - £40,000 depending on experience, plus a benefits package.
If you are interested in this position, please click apply today!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.