Carbase currently has fantastic opportunities for fully skilled Vehicle Technicians to join our team with competitive salary packages, overtime, bonuses and benefits.
Previous independent second-hand dealer experience is not required as we give consideration to individuals who can demonstrate a desire to follow a technical path with our company.
What we are looking for
Level 3 qualified and experienced Vehicle Technicians who are enthusiastic, motivated and able to work on their own initiative. Consideration will be given to Level 2 qualified Technicians with substantial work experience.
Monday to Friday 8am to 5.30pm. 1 in 2 Saturdays (on rota) 8am to 1pm. Contractual 1 in 2 Saturdays are paid at a premium rate. Any additional non-contractual Saturdays will be paid separately at double-time.
What you will be doing
* Performing diagnostic testing to identify faults
* Carrying out servicing and repairs on a variety of car makes and models
* Maintaining a safe and productive work environment
* MOT testing (if appropriate to role)
* Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and thoroughly
* Ensuring pre-delivery inspections are completed, notifying the customer of any advisory
* Following assignments through to completion, meeting deadlines and delivering on promises
What we need from you
Relevant qualification in light vehicle maintenance and repairs and/or time served vehicle technician
* A current valid UK Driving License
* You must own a stocked tool box
* You must be able to communicate effectively with customers, in a clear and concise manner
* MOT (IMI accredited) qualification would be advantageous and commands higher salary
* A team playing approach to work
* A hands-on approach
* The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic and challenging environment
* The ability to manage your time and workload effectively with minimum supervision
* A good level of physical fitness in order to carry out the full demands of the role
What we offer
* Competitive annual leave entitlement, increasing with service
* Contribution based pension scheme
* Service linked company sick pay
* Health & Wellbeing support through 'Ben'
* 'High street' shopping discount scheme and discounts on in-house car purchases & servicing
* Eyecare voucher scheme
* Paid compassionate leave (subject to criteria)
* 'Refer a Friend/Family' scheme
* Development & progression opportunities
Upon receipt of your application, Carbase will be the Data Controller of your personal data. Carbase will hold all the information you have given on this application form for legal requirements and for the purposes of personnel administration and statistical analysis. Your information will be held on our careers site and will be entered in its current or altered format onto the company’s computerised databases should your application be successful. No information may be passed onto a third party unless contracted to Carbase for specific employment services, without your express agreement unless required by law. If you are not successful in your application you have the right to request erasure of all data.
Carbase is committed to the elimination of all forms of unjustifiable discrimination. We will actively pursue equality of opportunity for all by seeking to ensure that all prospective and existing employees are treated fairly.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.