Location: Hereford, HR4 7PU
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are Oakwrights; we are now recruiting and we want you!
We have been designing bespoke oak framed homes, garden buildings, garages and extensions to exacting specifications since 1999!
Whether our customers want to build a beautifully styled family home, extend their grade II listed property or add a little extra space for guests or a child returning from university, the possibilities are endless, but their personal dreams and aspirations are unique, and up to us to provide them!
We are now recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer to join us and assume responsibility for our specialist and sophisticated oak frame machine technology.
We have been operating and maintaining our Hundegger CNC machinery since 2008 and remain the UK leader in solid wood processing.
We currently have two Hundegger machines installed (K2 & K2i) to carry out 80% of the cutting for each of our projects, this leaves our craftspeople to do the more skilled elements of our customers oak frames such as the fitting, finishing, scribe work, decoration and embellishment.
The maintenance and operation of these machines (and many others) is vital to the smooth running of the company.
In addition to maintaining our specialist machinery, you will also:
- Ensure our machinery (CNC / Hundegger / Planer / Stromab) is maintained in line with required standards.
- Monitor records of all faults, fabrication of parts and safety devices.
- Working as part of a three person team you will work across departments, including Production Engineering to improve our processes and increase output.
- Maintaining schedules and documentation whilst working on projects to upgrade and modify current machinery.
- Support the installation of new machinery and work effectively with external contractors as required.
- Test and inspect machines and equipment and work with colleagues to eliminate production problems.
- Carry out routine maintenance checks on all machinery.
- Conduct machine maintenance to the highest standard and report any issues promptly.
- Apply fixes where possible and assist with putting in place preventative maintenance measures.
- Assist with the upkeep of the engineering workshop, ensuring stock and stock records are maintained correctly.
Skills, Qualifications & Attributes
- Previous experience in a similar Maintenance Engineer role, maintaining and servicing similar workshop machines.
- Qualified in Engineering (HNC, Degree or similar).
- A solid foundational knowledge of PLC based control systems and pneumatics.
- Experience of working with CNC Machinery is an advantage.
- Experience in both reactive and planned maintenance on mechanical manufacturing equipment.
- Experience in mentoring and developing junior engineering apprentices or similar is an advantage.
At Oakwrights, we aim to build our employees skills and knowledge and we record your progress on our skills chart and increase your pay as you grow, improve and develop.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role, click on “APPLY” today, forwarding an up-to-date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
Due to the large interest in this role it is not possible to feedback to all candidates individually. If you do not hear from us within two weeks – please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.