Tropic is proud to be a multi award-winning brand with a range of ground-breaking skincare and beauty products, freshly made in the UK using the most innovative, effective ingredients nature has to offer. Co-owned by founder and CEO, Susie Ma and Lord Alan Sugar, Tropic has been named one of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 companies and continues to grow from strength to strength.
We are passionate about creating beauty with a conscience. Certified Vegan, Cruelty Free, Carbon Neutral and with an inherent focus on driving our Infinite Purpose, we strive to be a force for good beyond beauty in everything we do to create a healthier, greener, more empowered World.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Engineer. The purpose of this role is to maintain a high availability of all machinery and equipment by carrying out maintenance to all engineering services and machinery, responding to daily maintenance requests and breakdowns, as well as all other general maintenance issues when required. The right candidate with have an impeccable eye for detail and adhere to all Quality Control and Health and Safety procedures.
Your job responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Planning and executing new electrical installations
- Maintaining electrical installations
- Mechanical and electrical fault finding on all equipment
- Maintenance across all mechanical areas, such as pneumatics, bearings, pumps, and valves
- Carrying out PPM, ensuring to record and update the CMMS System
- Planning and executing engineering projects
- Starting up and shutting down all engineering services
- Responding to machinery breakdowns and carrying out essential maintenance
- Continually improving machinery, equipment, and processes
- General metal and plastic working
- Cleaning and filling of the domino printer for batch coding
- Setting up production machinery
- Running and maintaining the DI-water system
- Running and maintaining the DAF-Plant
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum two years’ experience in a maintenance department of a FMCG company
- A mechanical and/or electrical degree is desirable
- A desire for making machinery work, vital attention-to-detail, problem-solving and impeccable improvisational skills
- Innovative thinking, a desire to learn and adapt, creativity and excellent communication skills
Full time role: 45 Hours per week Monday - Sunday
Salary: 12.50 - £15.00 Per Hour
- The office is conveniently located just 3 minutes’ walk from Beddington Lane Tram stop, which is connected to East Croydon and Wimbledon - both 20 minutes away
- Position available immediately
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.