Job Title: Maintenance Engineer
Location: Oakwood Theme Park
Salary: £23,000 per annum
Job Type: Hours of work during the season: Full time working 5 days over 7, early morning starts and some late nights during operating season
Hours of work out of the season: Full time working Monday to Friday, two-week Christmas close down period.
Why work for us
Aspro Parks is a multinational company which operates more than 60 leisure attractions in Europe. Here in the UK Aspro owns Blue Planet Aquarium, Deep Sea World, Bristol Aquarium, Blue Reef Aquarium Newquay, Blue Reef Aquarium Hastings, Blue Reef Aquarium Portsmouth, Tynemouth Aquarium, Hastings Castle, Smugglers Adventure and Oakwood Theme Park.
Our business depends on our visitors enjoying their experience, whether that's leaving our aquariums inspired to caring more about the environment, to thrill seekers riding Megafobia, voted the best wooden rollercoaster in the UK! It takes a very diverse and richly talented team to keep the show on the road and we work hard in getting these individuals on board!
Here at Aspro, we make sure our employees are well taken care of. We recognise that their hard work and dedication are the driving force behind our success. Our work environment is built on mutual respect and professionalism. We have a team of highly knowledgeable individuals with the experience and technical expertise to ensure we are the best at what we do!
This is an exciting opportunity for Engineers to join the park management team at Oakwood Theme Park - Wales' Biggest Family Adventure located in Pembrokeshire, West Wales. With over 35 rides and attractions spread over 90 acres of spectacular countryside, we have something to offer the whole family.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensures all rides and attraction equipment are maintained to the highest levels of safety
- Carries out preventative maintenance, reporting any causes for concern/future maintenance issues, which could lead to potential problems and down time on the rides and attractions to the General Manager
- Identify and resolve equipment malfunctions, working with manufacturers and field reps as necessary to identify and source parts required.
- Complete reactive maintenance work attending breakdowns ensuring rapid response and downtime is minimised.
- Work alongside third-party contractors to ensure the efficient completion of tasks related to the upkeep of rides and facilities.
- Ensure the completion of scheduled tasks, operations and routine activities, providing regular updates to General Manager, and other Senior Management.
- Ensure workshop areas are kept to a high standard, organised, clean and tidy, promoting best practices across the team ensuring health and safety standards are met at all times.
- Under the guidance of the General Manager prepare rides for ADIPS inspection as set out in the maintenance programme and undertake and document any remedial identified within the time frame and specification stated by the ADIPS Certification Engineer.
- Be fully conversant with ride manuals to understand extent of maintenance activities required
- Completed a recognised apprenticeship and/or hold recognised qualification(s) in a relevant engineering discipline. For example: City & Guilds/NVQ Level 3/BTEC/ONC/HNC
- Full UK Manual Driving Licence
- Be experienced in reactive and planned works in Mechanical Systems and Equipment
- Proven track record in hands on fault finding
- The ability to analyse technical drawings and have close attention to detail
- Proven ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and multi-task as necessary
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Results orientated with the ability to plan and deliver against project deadlines
- Responds well to pressure
- Technical mindset
- Confident in working at heights
- Any relevant Health and safety certification such as IOSH, Fire Warden, Working at height etc. desirable
- Ability to use Auto CAD desirable
- Full UK manual driving license
Please click the APPLY button and to submit your CV and Cover Letter.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Maintenance Operative, Facilities Operator, Facilities Assistant, Facilities Administrator, Multi-Skilled Operator, Handyman, Property Maintenance Assistant, Multi Skilled Handyperson may also be considered for this role.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.