As a Maintenance Shift Leader you will:
- Lead the engineering shift team to create a high performing culture where team members are motivated, engaged, and supported to develop and achieve their potential.
- Plan and prioritise the shift workload for the engineering team to enable production targets to be achieved by maximising machinery up time
- Execute the planned preventative maintenance schedule to maximise machinery up time and minimise disruption to production targets
- Ensure all plant and equipment adhere to all relevant legislation and so that a safe working environment is maintained all times
- Ensure that the permit to work is in place and adhered to so that contractors and colleagues work safely at all times
- Ensure the shift engineering team adhere to good manufacturing practices (GMP) ensuring compliance with manufacturing unit food safety requirements
The shift pattern is 4 on 4 off, alternating days and nights - 05:45-17:45Job Description
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing 12,200 colleagues across 16 world-class manufacturing sites and 18 distribution depots across the UK. We supply all of the UK’s food retailers with everything from sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Our Warrington site is also known as the Italian centre of excellence, recent expansion and investment make this site a state-of-the-art manufacturing unit! We produce high quality Italian ready meals for both Tesco & Co-OpWhat we’re looking for
- A time served accredited apprentice or hold an engineering specific qualification at level 3 or above
- Previous experience as a Team or Shift lead is desirable
- Have experience in both electrical and mechanical fault finding
- Possess knowledge of maintenance of Engineering Systems within a manufacturing environment.
- Ideally have prior Food/FMCG manufacturing experience
- Have prior experience of leading a team in a Supervisory role
If this sounds like you join us, grow with Greencore and be a part of driving our future succesWhat you’ll get in return
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension up to 8% matched company contributions, up to 4x life assurance
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.