SRA Engineering are looking for an experienced Design Engineer to join a Special Purpose Machinery manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the design and development of the companies projects. You’ll be tasked with providing effective and innovative product design solutions to ensure they remains a market leader in providing bespoke machinery to new and existing customers.
Your daily to-do list will centre around carrying out mechanical design tasks from concept through to production drawings to meet business and customer’s specified requirements and providing a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost-effective manner.
- Carry out mechanical design to meet business and customer specified requirements
- Provide a high level of commercial awareness to ensure design solutions are delivered in a cost effective manner & scope changes are managed in accordance with standard operation procedures
- Ensure schedules are understood and workload is managed to meet objectives
- Effectively communicate project status to the Engineering Manager/MD
- Produce mechanical designs from concept to production drawings in line with customer needs and business objectives
- Support specific projects ensuring timescales and budget requirements are achieved
- Utilise third party/supplier software to calculate specific requirements
- Implement company and external standards
- Understanding of BS/ISO application
- Experience using 3D CAD – Solidworks preferred
- Experience designing special purpose machinery
- Experience with GD&T
- Sheet metal/fabrication
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.