An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join our thriving UK medical manufacturing company to work within our expanding Design and Development Department.
The job will involve the design and management of projects from product conception, through to commercialisation, and then into production support. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual, ideally with experience of working in the medical device industry, to enhance their career as a Design Engineer.
Working in a busy and evolving environment, you will have interactions throughout the business and with third party suppliers. Due to the nature of the role, international travel may be required on occasion.
Experience / Qualifications
- Proven track record of delivering plastic injection moulded design solutions to market, preferably within a high volume / automated industry.
- Experience of leading and supporting teams in the timely and cost effective completion of design and development projects, through activities such as project management, including project documentation of design specifications, risk analysis, and verification activities.
- Experience within the medical device industry, ISO 13485 and FDA Design Control.
- Experience in providing cross-functional links between Technical, Marketing/Sales, Tool Room, Quality, and Manufacturing departments.
- In-depth experience of UniGraphics or similar CAD software and creating 3D CAD models and 2D technical drawings.
- Experience with outsourcing, including the management of the outsourcing process from design to production implementation.
- Methodical, organised and structured approach to work
- Attention to detail
- Good communication
- Good people skills
- Able to work to deadlines
- Able to multitask and prioritise workload
- Able to make decisions and self-manage
- Able to work in a team and on own initiative
- Have a can-do attitude with an enthusiastic approach to work
Hours of Work
Monday to Friday
40 hours per week
Why Join Intersurgical:
You will be joining a company where our people work together to meet our company goals. We have a strong family feel, a friendly working environment and extend a warm welcome to all new employees. We are looking for commitment, a strong work ethic and flexibility in all our people and reward those that demonstrate these qualities. Intersurgical is only as good as the people who work for us and we value all of our employees
Location: Head Office (Wokingham UK)
Job type: Full time, permanent
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000
Hours: Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Training and progression opportunities, Annual performance and salary review, 22 Days holiday increasing with length of service, Subsidised gym membership, Matched pension contributions, Cycle to Work Scheme, Flexible working hours.
Closing date for applications: 30 June 2021
You may have experience of the following: Design Engineer, Project Management, Project Engineer, Product Development, Product Manager, New Product Development, Solidworks, Plastic Injection Moulded Design etc.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.