Production Engineering Graduate
Location: Covering the North West sites - Buxton, Wigan, Deeside, Ellesmere Port.
Salary: £25,000 – £30,000.
Contract: Full time.
Saica is one of the leading European players in the development and production of recycled paper for corrugated cardboard with a production of 2.5 million tons of paper. The Company has recently built on its’ success in the paper and corrugated market and diversified into the development and production on Flexible packaging. With more than 9,000 employees across Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, UK, Ireland, Turkey, Luxembourg and The Netherlands, Saica Group has four business divisions: recycled paper production for corrugated cardboard (PAPER), recyclable materials recovery (NATUR), production of corrugated packaging (PACK) and flexible packaging (FLEX). The consolidated turnover of the multinational group is over 3.5 billion Euros.
About the opportunity
• Taking part in our Graduate Program, we want to develop you as a future expert in our Company. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with a successful, growing, multinational organisation.
• The Saica Graduate Program has created many leaders within the business.
• As a Production graduate within Saica in the UK&I, you will receive a comprehensive 2-year development programme within one of the Saica divisions during which you will learn the business and production processes in depth while contributing to real business projects across UK and Ireland sites.
• At the end of your 2-year development programme, you may apply for structured roles within the organisation and to continue onto the graduate leadership development programme.
What we need from you
• University Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline.
• You will need to be eligible to work in the UK on a permanent basis
• Fluent English language skills – written and verbal.
• This post will require you to travel across our UK, Irish and European sites so the successful candidate will have no issue with travelling for work purposes.
• A full driving license and access to a vehicle for work purposes.
• You will also need to have an abundance of drive and energy.
• Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement tools
• 6 - 12 months’ experience within a manufacturing environment will be advantageous, although previous experience is not necessary as full training will be given.
• A second European language (e.g. Spanish or French) would be advantageous but is not essential.
Saica is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates, so if you feel you have what it takes to be successful in this role then please click “Apply” and submit your up-to-date CV and covering letter for consideration.
Please note: The closing date for applications is 11th June 2021
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.