We have a vacancy a Lift Repair Engineer to join the team at our Bristol Service Branch.
Stannah is a British family owned company, who provide elevators, escalators and moving walkways and manufacture stairlifts and platform lifts, we offer repairs and servicing 24hrs a day 365 days a year. The family is now in their fifth generation and play a hands-on role in running the business, ensuring the family ethos and values are maintained. Our salaries, benefits packages and supportive working environments attract the best people who strive to offer quality and dedication within their work.
As a Lift Repair Engineer, you will be responsible for carrying out major and minor repairs on all types of industrial lifts. All Engineers will have a comprehensive engineering background with the ability to carry out detailed faultfinding on passenger lifts from various manufacturers. It is essential that all our Lift Engineers can project the friendly, professional image by which we are known, therefore, excellent communication skills and a smart appearance are as vital as technical competence.
You will be paid door 2 door travel and have the use of a vehicle, which has optional private use, therefore a valid UK driving licence is essential to the role.
Repair Engineers will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and have the ability to demonstrate a high standard of workmanship whilst working with minimum supervision.
- Carry out major and minor refurbishment works to all types of lifts
- Refurbishment of all types and manufacturer of all types of lifts.
- Completion of minor and major repairs, both reactive and preventative, on all types and manufacturer of all types of lifts.
- Completion of call outs and preventative maintenance visits on all types of lifts.
- Risk assessments in accordance with company procedure.
- Completion of log cards
- Ensure a high standard of quality and delivery of service
- Mentor and coach Apprentices as and when required.
- Work throughout your designated area but also assist our engineers in other areas covered by the Branch, as and when required to do so.
- Participate in the company out of hours call out rota.
- NVQ level 3 or equivalent is essential.
- Proven experience in major and minor repairs
- Some experience of computer or PDA use is essential, as you will be required to use a mobile comms unit to log all calls and access customer and equipment information.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees’ lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops
- Quarterly Bonus (based on based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (up to 8%)
- Simply Health Cash Plan- covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Employee Assistance Programme
- A vehicle will be provided so a valid driving licence is essential.
- Mobile phone and Mobile Comm
- Competitive Salary
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.