We have an opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our Engineering Team, you will generate and deliver mechanical design solutions serving new product introduction function.
The role is to develop all aspects of mechanical design solutions, for new and legacy products to corporate and international standards. Candidates will be comfortable in producing detailed design documentation to support validation of design solutions. You will analyse requirements to define test specifications, and produce technical documentation for production installation and service in line with safety regulations.
Ideal candidates will be experienced in the design, development and testing of mechanical or elector-mechanical systems which include safety crucial elements, being able to produce technical drawings to quality standards creating designs with an emphasis on assembly.
- To develop all aspects of mechanical design solutions for new and legacy products to corporate and International standards.
- Produce detailed design documentation to support validation of design solutions.
- Analyse requirements using the DFMEA process to define test specifications.
- Examination of designs using component level DFMEA process.
- Produce technical documentation for production, installation and service.
- Assess the safety of product designs using Product Safety Hazard Analysis process.
- HNC/Degree (or equivalent) in an engineering discipline relevant to mechanical engineering.
We are a company who are pioneers of forward thinking, we never forget that vital to our success is the amazing people who work for us and the commitment we have to our customers. We have carefully selected following benefits which complement our employees lifestyles
- 25 days holiday + the option to purchase another 5 days + additional long service holiday
- Company Benefits Discount/ Rewards Scheme- including cinema discounts, annual free flu jab, discounted hotel and theme park stays and discounts off many high street shops.
- Quarterly Bonus (based on company profits)
- Contributory Pension (upto 8%)
- Health Cash Plan covering routine treatment and prescriptions
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Onsite restaurant
- Early Friday finish
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.