Cobham Mission Systems in Wimborne have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer to join the organisation.
This permanent role is based in Wimborne, Dorset.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Acting as a key member of the manufacturing engineering team, supporting major programmes from development to production and business as usual through process planning, change management and continuous improvement methodologies
- Liaising with internal departments (Purchasing, Quality, Integrated Project Teams) and, on occasion, dealing directly with the customer and supplier
- Providing input into product changes and modifications, to ensure they are designed for efficient manufacture and assembly
- Providing robust solutions to production issues ensuring cost, quality and time metrics
- Acting as the Manufacturing Engineering authority on process planning, equipment, tooling and producibility
- Lead and own manufacturing engineering work streams and projects
- Ability to lead and motivate teams to achieve manufacturing business milestones
As a Manufacturing Engineer, your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Hold a degree in engineering or equivalent qualification
- Current or recent manufacturing engineer position in similar engineering industry
- Experience in engineering processes & tooling capability
- Strong experience in assembly techniques and good attention to detail of components and assemblies
- Background in reviewing and approving engineering drawings of components and assemblies
- An understanding of MRP system, engineering and manufacturing Bill of Materials would be an advantage
- Depth of experience in driving process improvement
- Having good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement methodology & tools
- Ability to efficiently convert technical information & engineering drawing data into work instructions & technical narratives (Essential)
About Cobham Mission Systems
As the world’s leading supplier of critical control solutions, we help our customers to increase the safety and mission capabilities of their personnel and equipment in extreme environments.
Our proven and trusted solutions in air-to-air refuelling, life support, weapons carriage and unmanned systems, deliver assured performance and class-leading through-life costs that enable our customers to bring complex projects to market quickly, and with minimal risk.
We offer challenging and rewarding roles across a wide range of disciplines that combine to make us a true global technology and service leader.
Our ethos is rooted firmly in our history of innovation, leadership and empowerment and we take great pride in solving the big problems that others can’t. If it can be done we can find a way.
We believe in operating as a team, both among ourselves and alongside our partners. And we believe in pushing our potential to its very limit.
After all, we did not get to where we are now, nor will we succeed in the future, by being unambiguous or complacent. For us, Every Mission Matters.
What You Can Expect From Us
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package which includes an annual bonus, employer matched pension scheme of up to 12%, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays with options to buy/sell 5 days per year, company funded life cover of 3x salary and income protection scheme as well as a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme. In addition, we offer a wide range of additional benefits through our Cobham Choice Benefit Portal covering Health & Wellbeing benefits, Insurances, Cycle Scheme, Gym Flex, Technology Scheme and discounted Retail Vouchers to name a few.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.