Experienced CNC Setters required to join global manufacturer based in Plymouth. Due to a strong order book we require setters to join the company’s existing team on a permanent basis. Successful candidates will be required to set and operate both Fanuc controlled CNC and PLC Machinery. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company which puts quality and innovation at the heart of its ethos.
- Setting and operating of CNC machinery, PLC’s (such as Allen Bradley) and manual machinery such as Bridgeport mills and Colchester Lathes, all in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Reading Engineering drawings.
- Using analogue & digital measuring equipment such as Vernier’s & Micrometres.
- Report defects to cell leader, this includes scrap and RTS, undertaking batch reworks as and when required.
- Perform frequency gauge checks in accordance with the Company’s production engineering and quality procedures.
- Ensure tooling is fitted correctly and running in accordance with specification sheets.
- Undertake batch reworks as and when required.
- Complete daily short interval scheduling sheets clearly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete daily/weekly machine setter checklist – coolants, oils and machine health and safety.
Experience, Attributes and Qualifications Required:
- Previous experience of operating CNC machinery within Engineering / Manufacturing environment – Essential.
- Previous experience reading Engineering Drawings – Essential
- Previous experience of using measuring equipment such as Vernier’s and micrometres – Essential.
- A relevant Engineering based qualification (i.e. Mechanical Engineering) – Preferable not Essential.
- An excellent eye for detail.
Successful candidates will be required to work either a weekly shift rotation of Monday to Friday, days and backs, or static night shift. Due to the location of the client and the hours of work own transport would be preferred.
If you are an experienced CNC Setter, and are currently looking for a new challenge, then please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button below.
For an informal chat please phone (phone number removed) and ask for Samantha Luxton. Many thanks for your interest.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit safer-jobs.com.