Group Sales Manager – Logistics & Supply Chain
£75k - £85k basic salary, car allowance & bonus
Full time permanent
Location: Manchester / Widnes
Worldwide Logistics - Global Organisation
Sector: Distribution & Transport
This is an excellent opportunity to join a large organisation in a new Group Sales Manager position. You will be responsible for the development and performance of value added services, pricing strategies, new business development, maximising efficiency and profitability of global logistics contracts.
Reporting to the sales & marketing director you will be part of a large team responsible for global logistics growth covering Road, Sea & Rail freight throughout the UK & globally in this new additional role to the organisation.
- Financial & Commercial planning responsibility
- Leadership & People Management
- Maximising commercial opportunities and contract growth
- Full end to end 3PL logistics solutions
- Key Account management of high profile clients
- Intermodal logistics contract development
Other responsibilities will include:-
- Drive ongoing commercial co-ordination between the commercial teams across the group
- Trouble shoot supply chain solutions, adding value across the business
- Expert on intermodal logistics ensuring sales teams are in fully capability of selling the full product range
- Creating and implementing strategic sales plans that align with business objectives
- Drive ongoing commercial excellence with full engagement of all stakeholders across the group
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers to ensure a commercial outcome
- Effectively communicating the value proposition through proposals and presentations
- Identify valuable and emerging new vertical markets
- Sales maximisation – Responsible for continual sales maximisation by means of regular contact with all customers.
- Liaise with Procurement to ensure we have best in class costs for target route
- Manage the tender processes from receipt of enquiry from customers, through assessment and contract award
- Data management / analysis experience
- Experience in negotiating terms and conditions
- Drive UK sales strategy & value added services
- Previous experience of working within a sales supply chain logistics environment
-A demonstrable track record in winning tenders and raising the profile of the business.
- Good analytical and numerical skills
- Strong process analysis, problem solving and strategy development skills
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.