Job Title: Multi-Skilled Engineer - Permanent Nights
Location: Leeming Bar
Salary £35,000 - £36,000 per annum
Hours: Sunday - Thursday - night shifts
Imperial Professionals are delighted to announce that we are working in partnership with a large manufacturer in North Yorkshire that are looking to recruit a Night Shift Multi Skilled Engineer
• Maintain close attendance of the Production line, in order to provide Engineering solutions, and to assist in an operational capacity when required.
• Monitor all machines and ancillary plant during production (whilst maintaining notes and relevant log sheets).
• Ensure that any rectification is followed through to a satisfactory conclusion by effective communication with other members of the Engineering team, and Plant Manager.
• Assist in cold starting, size or product changes, cleaning in place and running a machine as and when required.
• Follow preventative maintenance / lubrication schedules and liaise with Engineering Manager(s) regarding spare parts requirements.
• Assist with installation work and give assistance to contractors, as and when required, ensuring that site standards are adhered to at all times.
• To ensure that prior to carrying out any intended work the relevant Departmental Management is notified in order to obtain permission to proceed.
• Ensure that any specific permits required to carry out any work is obtained before proceeding to work.
• Carry out any repair or maintenance work that is required, whilst ensuring the area or workshop is left in a clean and safe condition.
• The Technician is legally bound to make sure all guarding is functioning correctly.
• Use appraisals and one to one meetings with Team Managers to identify opportunities to train and develop to gain extra skills.
• Plan workload and seek opportunity to complete set personal objectives.
• Provide a detailed handover to the next shift ensuring all relevant information is passed on and understood.
• Participates in contributing ideas and completing all tasks to improve the plant and equipment performance, reliability and efficiency.
• Adopt and maintain working practices learnt on training programmes.
Keys skills / Experience:
Ideal candidate must have experience working within a manufacturing environment
Electrical bias with supporting qualifications
Experience of working within a high-volume manufacturing equipment including mixers, chillers, conveyors
Good communication skills
Keen to learn new skills
For more information on this opportunity please contact Dan Pilkington at Imperial Professionals.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.