OEM Sales Manager – Sensors (RP1201-CVL)
Location: Based anywhere in Germany (Central or Southern Germany preferred)
€95K - €105K Basic + 40% Bonus + Company Car + Benefits
My client is a global leader in the design, development and production of highly accurate and reliable measurement technology and sensors for a wide range of applications.
They offer an extensive range of customised solutions to meet the high demands of industry. They pride themselves on being the premier brand within their market and have built a strong reputation for their innovative and dynamic approach.
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager you will be responsible for: -
- Operating from a home office and spending 15-20% of your time travelling in Europe (UK, Switzerland, Austria) with the remaining 80-85% of your time focusing on Germany.
- Developing “design in” solutions for OEM’s operating within the Medical, Aerospace, Automotive and Off-Highway sector (Agriculture and Construction machinery).
- Ensuring the sales budget is achieved.
- Working towards a 5 year sales growth objective.
- Managing and developing a multimillion-euro territory.
- Prospecting new OEM’s (70%) and developing and nurturing existing OEM relationships (30%).
- Forging solid relationships with key decision makers including Engineering Managers, Project Engineers and Production Engineers.
- Handling both technical and commercial enquiries from your customer base.
- Identifying and qualifying potential customers and new business opportunities.
- Understanding customer needs and providing bespoke solutions.
- Leading new development projects by becoming the liaison between the technical engineering and R&D function and the client.
- Negotiating contracts and securing OEM business.
- Working with the customer and production to organise and run prototype testing.
The successful candidate will possess 5+ years’ experience selling standard and bespoke “design in” mechanical sensors and measurement solutions to OEM’s.
OEM market experience within the Medial, Aerospace, Automotive, Agriculture or Off Highway market would be highly advantageous but not essential, as would a technical education.
All candidates must possess a mix of technical and commercial skills and be comfortable liaising with engineers.
A full driving license is essential. Other key skills include:
- Fluency in English and German
- Able to operate autonomously
- Willingness to travel
Keywords: Sales Engineer, Sales Manager, OEM Sales, Regional Sales, European Sales, Business Development, Account Manager, Account Management, Territory Sales Manager, Technical Sales, Sensors, Mechanical Sensors, Sensing, Measurement, Accelerometers, Displacement, Position, Pressure, Torque, Force Measurement
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.