Mechanical Design Engineer
Somerset area, South West UK
- This exciting role within a small but growing automation business involves the design and development of automated assembly equipment for various clients within the electric vehicle market.
- The role would involve working within a small start-up team of engineers to design and develop automated machinery systems and tooling to meet customer needs. This will involve taking responsibility for entire projects from concept, through manufacture and delivery to final validation and customer handover.
- Ideally the company would look to recruit a mechanical design engineer with experience of designing special purpose machinery, automated assembly equipment, robotic systems or capital equipment or a production engineer with strong knowledge of jig, fixture and tooling design for the assembly of complex electromechanical systems.
Skills / Knowledge Required: Mechanical Design Engineer
- Ideally a degree or equivalent in a relevant subject (e.g. mechanical engineering, manufacturing, mechatronics etc)
- Proven experience as a mechanical design engineer working on the design and development of capital equipment, special purpose machinery, automation or robotic systems etc
- Design of jigs and fixtures, tooling and fabrications as part of the automated machine solution
- Use of 3D CAD tools (e.g. Solidworks, Creo, Inventor, Catia or similar)
- Knowledge of DFM, DFMEA, manufacturing processes – machining, fabrication, assembly etc
- Motivated, enthusiastic and keen with excellent communications skills, the ability to manage projects and work in a flexible and dynamic start up environment
- Knowledge of some of the following would be useful: Robotics, Hydraulics, Pneumatics, servo control, automation, mechatronics and PLC control
This role is based in North Somerset and is commutable from Bristol, Weston Super Mare, Bridgewater, Taunton, Yeovil and Chard.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.