Programme Controls professional with experience of creating, adapting and monitoring programme controls on major projects required for a contract role initially working from home but then based in London. This role sits outside IR35.
As Programme Controls Manager you will be responsible for leading the development, implementation and maintenance of Project Controls processes to ensure consistent and competent management of project controls across the assigned programmes and projects, in line with corporate standards and governance. You will be responsible for the day to day direction and coordination of Project Controls activities and resources in assigned programme areas to ensure consistently robust monitoring and control of programme performance and transparent reporting against the integrated programme and project baselines and key schedule milestones.
You will support the creation of a joint PMO team consisting of the client and whilst managing existing interfaces. As Programme Controls Manager you will undertake detailed analysis of the programmes periodic performance data that supports the inputs and outputs of the integrated project controls systems of PRISM and COBRA. You will support the NEC option C contract administration which involves reconciliation of the programme descoping activities to manage the pain / gain determinations and contractual instructions
* Managing the implementation of a quality improvement plan to drive corporate efficiencies and continuous improvements in PPM capability and maturity.
Ensuring consistent and effective project controls and reporting across the business unit and feeding into the central PMO with particular reference to Project Governance, Project Performance Monitoring and Reporting, Scope Management and Change Control.
* Provision of on-going training for Project Controls resources within in the business unit pool.
* Lead a team who directly support project delivery to establish a unified and high standard of quality output.
* Collation of best practice intelligence from both external and internal sources for embedding discipline lessons learned.
* Accountable for driving and leading a positive safety culture within MPD projects and ensuring their team is invested in managing and improving HSE performance.
* Demonstrate leadership in equality of opportunity, social inclusion, fair employment and environmental sustainability, creating open, inclusive and engaging environment within MPD and across stakeholders, customers and supply chain.
* Extensive knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Programme Controls and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
* Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools.
* Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects.
* Knowledge of handling complex issues in a capital delivery environment to successful resolution
* Good knowledge of project scheduling software (e.g. P3e, MS Project) and interfacing control systems e.g. excel, web portals, information management systems.
* Experience of creating, adapting and monitoring programme controls in major projects and experience of implementing tools to support changes.
* Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery.
* Experience of project scheduling software, management systems and reporting tools.
* Significant programme, risk, commercial controls and pricing experience with associated management level status.
* Experience of developing commercial strategies and their associated implementation throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
To apply is easy, contact Oli for more details or just simply apply online
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.