I am looking for a number of permanent Commissioning Engineer's to join a large telecommunications business working with the London Rail Team.
This position will be reporting into the Commissioning Manager. The selected candidatess will predominately work nights shifts on the London Underground to commission various stations communication systems. This may include; station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and 'one- person operation' (OPO) CCTV Systems.
You will be responsible for physically deploying and implementing the technology at the station premise. This may include complex migration strategies to maintain the operations of the Underground at all times.
Typical deliverables include:
- Production of daily shift reports
- Completion of inspection and test plans
- Marking up 'As built drawings'
- Completing onsite commissioning
- Provide detailed reports on issues identified
- Supporting the site implementation team
Skill, experience and qualifications required:
- Experience of configuring, testing and commissioning at least one (preferably more) of the following station communications systems: station management systems, security CCTV (Analogue and IP), customer information systems and displays, public address, voice alarm and induction loops, passenger help points, data networks and 'one- person operation' (OPO) CCTV Systems
- Proven experience delivering communications related projects into a Rail or Metro environment (preferably LUL)
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic experience
- Ability to read schematic drawings
- Knowledge of medium sized communications networks
- Keen problem solver
- Strong documentation skills
- Good communicator
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Preferably a degree in an engineering related discipline
- Prepared to work nights in a London Underground safety critical environment
Excellent Employee Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday, including public holidays, plus the option to buy or sell five days each year
- Company pension scheme
- A range of family friendly policies
- Occupational health support
- Discounts on Cinema, Restaurants and Shopping with telent Reward scheme
If you are interested in this role please apply with your CV or contact Morgan Broughton at Randstad CPE - London.
Alternatively, if you know someone who may be interested we offer a £200 referral fee for successfully placed candidates.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.