Due to growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for Field Based Engineer to join a successful, growing ISP, helping to build and maintain a robust WAN infrastructure to supply both rural and urban areas across the North of England.
The role is customer facing which will see you dealing with both B2B and B2C customers and also attending site visits to infrastructure locations as part of maintenance and new build projects. A suitable candidate for this role will have previous experience working within the telecoms industry and/or a desire to begin a career within the area of telecommunications. Candidates are expected to show a professional manner, a knowledge of telecoms engineering and an interest in wireless technology and networks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your role is to install, build and maintain a quality WAN infrastructure
- Role expectations are that all jobs are completed professionally, efficiently and economically. As a customer facing representative, you are expected to present a smart and professional image and deliver an exemplary customer experience as an integral part of the role. The secondary objective is to provide support to the directors and/or office, when needed.
- To be professional and work safely at all times and ensure the well-being of your colleague(s).
- To liaise with customers or clients about work to be undertaken.
- To provide leaflet drop cover in new or existing network areas following installation to encourage new business.
- To ensure customers, clients and the office are kept informed about changes or delays for installs.
- To carry out a daily stock control and submit report to the office.
Preferred Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Understanding of WAN, WIFI and router configurations.
- NICEIC approval - this is not essential and can be gained on the job
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Ability to problem solve through situational, on-the-job and work assessments
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- Hold a UK Driving License
- Working at Heights certification (preferred, although not essential as this can be provided)
- First Aid certification
- Must be able to work at heights using ladders and other platform aids.
- Must be able to lift and carry items up to 40kg over short distances and use specialist equipment, if available.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak clearly on telephone
- Competitive Salary (£25,000 - 35,000pa, depending on experience and qualifications at time of joining the business)
- Company car
- Paid day off on your Birthday (Following successful probation period)
- 28 days holiday including bank holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Career progression and development opportunities in this fast, growing dynamic business
- Ongoing training
- Onsite parking
To apply, please submit your CV via this website or contact Emma Easton at Strand Recruitment for more information
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.