A well renowned Product Design Consultancy are seeking to recruit a Senior Product Design Engineer to support their marine, consumer and professional goods teams. Based in Bristol.
As Senior Product Design Engineer will you be responsible for:
- Leading the development of whole products as well as mechanisms and sub-assemblies.
- Performing tolerance analysis to ensure high quality robust design of complex mechanical systems and components using tools such as FMEA, CFD and computer simulation.
- End-to-end project management of multiple projects from concept through to manufacture.
- Rapid prototyping, functional lab testing and analysis of test data.
- Work with external manufacturing partners and other suppliers.
To be a successful Senior Product Design Engineer you will have:
- Proven experience as a Design Engineer, Product Designer, Development Engineer or Mechanical Engineer.
- Qualified to degree level in either PhD, MSc, MA, MEng, BA, BEng or BSc Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product or Innovation Engineering.
- Experience in medical devices, consumer electronics or household/kitchen appliances.
- Proven experience in developing plastic injection moulded components and enclosures for mass manufacture.
- 3D CAD (such as ProE, wildfire, CREO, solidworks, solid-works).
In return you will receive an excellent benefits package which includes:
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (depending on experience).
- Discretionary company performance related bonus.
- Regular performance appraisals.
- Annual pay reviews.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- Continual formal training and development.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity, click the "APPLY NOW" button below and we'll be in touch.
Please note: Any reference to salary or pay rates in this advertisement are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.
We aim to respond to suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, please feel free to contact us to receive feedback on your application and discuss your requirements.
Professional Technical acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information for factors such as DBS clearance, uniforms or first aid training. We pay great attention to vetting all jobs that appear on our site, but please get in touch if you see any roles using premium rate phone numbers, or asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.